Re: Fluke 9010A - Pod Timeout

From: James Bright <james_at_quarterarcade.com>
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 08:59:19 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Eaton" <inbox@phillipeaton.com>
To: <techtoolslist@flippers.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 7:19 AM
Subject: RE: Fluke 9010A - Pod Timeout

> >I have a Z80 pod for my 9010A which works fine on various boards and
> passes
> >its self-test okay, yet if I plug it into an original Universal Cosmic
> >Alien board I get a 'Pod Timeout' error when attempting to perform any
> >Fluke operation.
> >
> >The Cosmic Alien is in itself faulty (hence the reason I'm trying the
> Fluke
> >on it) - the thing is, what could be causing the timeout error?
> >

> Is the clock signal or one of the other status lines held in an odd state?

In my experience it's always been a clock issue ... which usually makes for
a reasonable quick fix. Without the clock, the pod can't run and you won't
be able to do any tests. Easiest thing is to use your scope to back trace
where the problem is.

(If RUN UUT works, then you might just have a watchdog issue, but you
mentioned that no operations were working correctly.)

JB

--James Bright
www.QuarterArcade.com
Restored Arcade Games for your Home

If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com