RE: HP 10529A Logic comparator

From: Joe <joe_at_joesarcade.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 22:33:20 EST

I have had issues with the HP clip sometimes not seating right on the chip and giving false results. Also, sometimes the chip legs can be dirty and not make a good connection.. both things to check.. Try wiggling the clip a bit on the chip and see it it changes (I do this when on) or try squeezing the clip tighter.

But, as was saif before, this will not tell you if that chip is bad - only that something connected to that pin is bad.. (most likely that chip.....)

Hope that helps.

JB