RE: HP 10529A Logic comparator

From: <mike_ranger_at_dofasco.ca>
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 08:03:35 EST

Of course...

        There is also the obvious.... Not to be used on any tri-stated
devices! To me, this is any chip outputing on to a bus which has more
than one chip's output tied to it. What happens is you chip goes to
output disabled, then another chip plays with the lines, and the
comparator indicates a false.

        I with the others, in that I trust the good reading and suspect
a false as being incorrect. Many times, the false is due to loading or
threshold voltages. IE the OE line reads fine on a probe, and the chip
under test fails, the chip in the machine passes, but a scope shows a
swing tom 0 to +3.3 volts, or something like that. The chip in the
comparator works, caus it has no outputs to drive, but the chip on the
board shows differently. In this case you have to examine the sources
for the inputs, and the sinks for the outputs.

Mike
If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com