Re: How do I read a TI 18S42 with a Data I/O 29b/2b?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 03:22:41 EDT

David Fish wrote:

>Hmmm... 1980. The TI book I looked in was 1985. I'd guess
>that the 18S42 was superceeded by the 28S42, the 28S42 is a
>512 X 8 PROM w/3-state outputs and according to a enhanced
>'Wiretap' file found at the link below, the 18S42 is the same. I
>can't find any data on the 18S since my freetradezone account
>expired.

The 18S42 was TI's new numbering for the 74S472 and the 28S42 was a
similar part. They should all be readable using the 74S472 codes.
Datasheets are here for the 18S42
<http://www1.cedar-rapids.net/00000028/IHS/18S42.pdf> (just tells you it
was a new part number for the 74S472), 28S42
<http://www1.cedar-rapids.net/00000028/IHS/28S42.pdf>, and 74S472
<http://www1.cedar-rapids.net/00000028/IHS/74S472.pdf>.