Re: PALs to GALs...Pole Position 7C

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 15:25:42 EDT

<x-flowed>I'll dredge up a datasheet at work, but the 82S153 is a FPLA, NOT a
PAL. It's been a REAL long time, but if I remember correctly PALs and
GALs were AND arrays feeding OR arrays. The FPLA back then was an OR
array feeding an AND array, basically the same thing as a PROM. (The
difference is a PROM has ALL states (addresses) represented while the
FPLA only does a relatively few of the possible states, ie most of the
outputs ignor many of the inputs).

In any case just hang on, I'll find you a datasheet.

John Robertson wrote:

> Well, I've been trying for the past four hours to convert the PAL file
> (AMD/MMI 10L8) for the Sound Z80's PAL (137279-001 7C) that is the
> master PAL for the game. Unfortunately I have not been successful in
> using the PALTOGAL.EXE program as it seems to work (the conversion)
> but the results are not working in 7C.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1) does anyone have a copy of the data sheets for the AMI/MMI 82S153N
> PAL as used in the game as I'm not sure if MMI's 10L8 is exactly the
> same for reading on my Xeltec burner.
>
> 2) does anyone have the GAL listing for 7C
>
> I'm working with the script for the PP game with the 9010, and anyone
> else interested in that script should be aware that it requires the
> Z80-QT (QuickTest) pod...the rarer pod (of course). I'll upload it to
> the new Flippers site in the next week or so once I have switched over
> to the larger host.
>
> John :-#)#
>

> If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail
> to:
> <Majordomo@flippers.com>
> with the following command in the body of your email message:
> (un)subscribe techtoolslist
> or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
> (un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com

If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com
</x-flowed>