Re: PALs to GALs...Pole Position 7C

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 16:11:01 EDT

<x-flowed>Interesting, the parts list shows the 10L8 as the PAL for CPU 7C. It
wouldn't surprise me that they changed their mind...

A data sheet will enable me to either make an adapter or reprogram my
Xeltek so I can read the sucker - thanks Rodger!

John :-#)#

At 2:25 PM -0500 10/6/04, Rodger Boots wrote:
>I'll dredge up a datasheet at work, but the 82S153 is a FPLA, NOT a
>PAL. It's been a REAL long time, but if I remember correctly PALs
>and GALs were AND arrays feeding OR arrays. The FPLA back then was
>an OR array feeding an AND array, basically the same thing as a
>PROM. (The difference is a PROM has ALL states (addresses)
>represented while the FPLA only does a relatively few of the
>possible states, ie most of the outputs ignor many of the inputs).
>
>In any case just hang on, I'll find you a datasheet.
>

>John Robertson wrote:
>
>>Well, I've been trying for the past four hours to convert the PAL
>>file (AMD/MMI 10L8) for the Sound Z80's PAL (137279-001 7C) that is
>>the master PAL for the game. Unfortunately I have not been
>>successful in using the PALTOGAL.EXE program as it seems to work
>>(the conversion) but the results are not working in 7C.
>>
>>So my questions are:
>>
>>1) does anyone have a copy of the data sheets for the AMI/MMI
>>82S153N PAL as used in the game as I'm not sure if MMI's 10L8 is
>>exactly the same for reading on my Xeltec burner.
>>
>>2) does anyone have the GAL listing for 7C
>>
>>I'm working with the script for the PP game with the 9010, and
>>anyone else interested in that script should be aware that it
>>requires the Z80-QT (QuickTest) pod...the rarer pod (of course).
>>I'll upload it to the new Flippers site in the next week or so once
>>I have switched over to the larger host.
>>
>>John :-#)#

If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com
</x-flowed>