RE: 2708 help - Data sheet, programming specs, other...

From: Paul Swan <pswan_at_lsil.com>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 18:57:42 EST

Hi,

Most modern EPROM programmers start at 2716 for a reason - the 2708 needs
three power supplies to operate it and the 2716 and later run on at most two
supplies (the TI one excepted).

Before going to the trouble, it'd be worth asking if their programmer has
three supplies. More than likely it does not :-(

I was lucky enough to pick up an old 70's EPROM programmer that is able to
do 2708 (and really old stuff below), used mostly for Zaccaria games.

Regards,

Paul.