Fluke 8088 pod and a moron...

From: <voyager_at_galaxian.com>
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 08:23:01 EST
I received a Fluke 8088 pod yesterday and plugged it in to do a self test to see if my 'untested' pod worked or not.  Well the test failed, but if I wiggled the cable at the pod side it seemed to pass - so I pulled the case apart to look for loose connections or wires.  I looked at the cable connection that was a little lose, disconnected it, plugged it back in and ran the test again to produce nothing at all.  Next, I realized the connector was on backwards - nice.  Of course, reversing it producing nothing but a failure worse than before and wiggling the cable does nothing.  Anyone done this yet that has some info on how much damage it did to the pod?  I could troubleshoot it with another 8088 pod, but I do not have another...

Greg