Re: Rare Fluke Z80QT Price

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 00:28:36 EST

I have one, and I'll offer you ten bucks for yours...(ducking). In
reality it is probably worth something between $75 and $200US on
eBay, a bit less to the folks here (we are a bit cheap - I'm speaking
mostly for myself).

The advantage to the QT is the quick RAM/ROM tests. It can provide
you with a checksum for the ROM test (fast), or the signature
(slower). And the RAM test can also be done much faster than the
standard pod as it is done at the CPU speed and not the pod's link
speed. Seems to me that a QT pod with an adapter could be used to
test other CPU boards that aren't timing fussy and speed up the
RAM/ROM tests a lot. Using the 9010 script generator is a real plus
for this pod!

If I'm not mistaken this is also a fast Z80 CPU and can thus be used
on Z80B boards...

The only 'issue' with the pod is that you DO need to use small
scripts for it to work in the QT mode, it is thus of little or no
advantage to use intermittently on just the odd board where you
simply plug in the built in tests from the 9010A keypad. Personally
I'd sell my Z80/AA pods before I'd get rid of my QT pod!

John :-#)#