RE: Kool Tools: IC Comparator checks PROMs

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_punkass.com>
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 11:04:54 EST

You can make one IC board per board if you really wanted to, but every
single 10529A was shipped with a ZIF board AFAIK, virtually everyone that
turns up on ebay in its box has the ZIF board.

So in actual fact, the HP is more compact than the Bugtrap, and you don't
need to supply 5v via fly leads as the HP takes its power from the IC under
test..

I've been using the HP for years, pretty invaluable, but I've never tried it
with proms, good idea tho, in theory it should show up comparison
differences the same that a bugtrap does.

Andy Welburn
www.andysarcade.net