9010A Code Generator Question

From: Matt Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 15:01:12 EDT

This is a very handy tool to work with when you want to do some quick
tests. I love it.

I have just one itty bitty suggestion, unless I'm just doing something
wrong. When you generate a test script for a game, say Tempest, the ROM
Program names it automatically creates are generally "illegal" when they
are compiled through FIDE. I guess it has to be a certain length? So, I
just have to edit each ROM program name so that it can compile the script
and send it to the troubleshooter. For example, I would normally take a
generated name like 136002123 and manually change it to ROM123.

http://tech.quarterarcade.com/Tech/CodeGenerator/Default.aspx?g=3057&set=tempest&cpu=5526

James, would it be possible to add an optional function that could
automatically truncate the ROM Program names? Maybe have something where
it adds "rom" to the beginning and the last 3 or 4 characters of the rom
name to the end? I don't mind doing it manually, or maybe come up with a
script of my own, but that would be super cool.

Matt