Re: Poll closed! No to FA: or FS:

From: Cris Rhea <crhea_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 16:58:40 EDT

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 01:26:24PM -0700, John Robertson wrote:

> I think the the News Group sci.electronics.misc is a good place to
> sell stuff, and I read sci.electronics.repair as well.
> sci.electronics.components on a regular basis.
>
> John

I'll second (third?) Phil's and Clay's comments... one of the problems with eBay or
newsgroups is that you have to actively seek out specific equipment. If you weren't
looking for something at the time, you wouldn't know a deal existed.

I'm an old-timer on the Internet and a long-time fan of NetNews, but we're about ready
to dismantle our netnews infrastructure because almost everything has gone to e-mail
lists or web sites.

I don't disagree with your comments/rules about occasional postings FS/FA for "the group",
but even the recent power supply sale (and subsequent comments about using them for
pachinko machines) was of value to me (I have a machine that needs a power supply).
Sure, I can find a 9V/1A supply at any number of places, but the comment about their use
got me thinking (I had no idea what voltage/current a pachinko machine needs)...

--- Cris