Re: Manual Needed Fluke 9000A-8086

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 10:11:13 EST

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Rodger Boots wrote:

> Well, I've scanned the manual. Didn't say I did it right. The copy machine
> at my Real Job has a "Network Scanner" function that can scan a page into a
> TIFF or PDF file. Unfortunately it doesn't combine anything so the result is
> a separate file for each page.

There are a set of command line tools I've used to turn a batch of images
into a pdf, ImageMagick http://www.imagemagick.com/ (They are usually
included with Linux distributions, I believe Windows versions are available)

To batch-convert a bunch of .tif to a pdf you just do this:

convert -compress JPEG -adjoin *tiff pdf:all_these_files_in_one.pdf

You might want to experiment and see if gif or png give better compression
on manuals, they may given they are line drawings not photographs.