Re: Fluke 9010a Troubleshooting w/ Omega Race

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Jan 22 2007 - 14:01:59 EST

I'm beating up an Omega Race board right now for a customer and I
find it is not very pod friendly.

I found that if one clipped pin 8 (9? - I'm at home right now) of the
final reset stage and tied it high that this would deal with the
negative RESET stuff.

I had a lot (8) of the 2114's that were bad and ended up making my
Xeltek Super Pro be able to test those suckers as I do not have a
stand-alone RAM tester that would handle the 2114.

Problems with reading the Vector ROM/RAM have yet to be solved, even
had trouble reading the game ROM for a while - flaky 74LS138.

I hate getting working on these corroded boards. Not worth my time,
yet too much of a challenge to discard...I love puzzles too much!

John :-#)#