Fluke 9010 maintenance...

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Nov 05 2009 - 15:14:56 EST

Hi Folks!

A handy tip for those of us with working tape drives...rotate the
spindles of your tape drive at least once a month so you do not get flat
spots!!! Even rebuilt tape drives will develop these after sitting for a
year or so...

Do this either by simply opening the lid and turn the spindles a bit -
or read a tape.

Also, repairing these. I found that a square VCR belt that is 3.1MM
seems to work the best to replace the original drive belt. Replacement
is not too difficult, remove the tape drive from the case. Cut off the
old belt, then fit the new belt over the brass spindle and between the
drive sprocket on the left by lifting the right side sprocket and
moving the brass spindle to the right. Now with a dental probetha thas a
hook on the end pull the belt below the deck and fit it into the slot on
the brass drive wheel and over the motor and turn the spindle by hand
until the belt drops into place.

Put tape deck back.

If anyone needs the belts I bought them from MainElectronics.com - about
$4 for five belts.

http://www.mainelectronics.com/belts.htm

                 www.flippers.com