Re: 9100 keyboard...

From: David Fish <dfish_1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Mar 13 2010 - 08:41:53 EST

>1. I ended up disconnecting the LEDs on my adapter. I think I popped the
fuse in my 9100 and couldn't be bothered to investigate. The LEDs ended up
>annoying me anyway and I found I didn't need them. Not difficult to tell
when caps is on. If there's an obvious error in the design then let me know
and >I'll modify it.

Your schematic doesn't show any current limiting resistors for the LEDs.
This might have been part of the reason they popped the fuse. Unless they
were integral to the LEDs...

Is the code archived anywhere? All the links are dead. I stopped building
mine just before the coding phase, when I picked up a real Fluke keyboard.
Someday I'd like to finish it up. It sounds like your code should drop right
into a 16F84 easily enough.

Dave