Re: Chip Programmers

From: Martin White <martin_at_guddler.co.uk>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 15:52:00 EDT

I have a Dataman-48PRO+ now as well.

When it came to the expensive adapter for the 2708's though, I phoned them up, asked them a couple of questions, explained that I was already pushing my budget as it was for hobby use and by the time I'd umm'd and arr'd a bit they knocked it down by half price (the adapter not the programmer), thus making it nowhere near as expensive :)

That set's then aside for starters in my books. Some companies switch off the minute they realise you're a hobbyist. They did the opposite!

Anyway, I guess that's not really an "if money were no object" programmer as it's only £700 (+17.5% VAT incidentally), but it's still pricey.

Martin.
PS: I honestly thought the new device addition thing was free for life as I remember asking whose life, mine or the programmers :) (the programmers obviously!)