Re: Fluke Pods to Turned Pin Sockets - Help !!

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 15:43:16 EDT

Thanks John, When you say solder tail sockets.... Do you mean pressed dual
wipe type things ???

Its the tight turned pin sockets that I'm struggling to mate with.....

What I am planning to do if all else fails is.... Make up a 'stiff' assembly
of back to back IC Sockets... Wire Wrap type Turned Pin Socket Strips with
Long Legs, soldered to Vero Board, Both Sides of Vero Board will be
stiffened up, by adding a layer either side (I've got some nice insulation
resin sheet) and using some aralydyte resin to hold in place... Cut the Long
legs down, and solder a suitable socket that will take the Pod..... By
stiffening it up, it will not be prone to flexing, will last a long while ,
and be easy to remove....

I'll then use Low Cost sacrificial Pin to Pin Strips.... to plug this into
the UUT..... These can be replaced easily in sections....

I'll have some silly 'noob' 68000 pod questions to follow, lol..... So far,
I've had it testing Outrun Rams OK, but no luck whatsover with Rom
Checksums.. (on a 100% working board to get a feel of the thing)......

Cheers, Colin