Re: FLUKE 9100A SERIES QUESTION

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2010 - 13:35:14 EST

martin@guddler.co.uk wrote:
> I have an image for 6.1
>
> 1. How would I know if it's serialised?
> 2. My machine is an FT does it matter?
> 3. Related to point 2, it might matter that the image would be for a 60mb drive as that's what my scsi drive was before I went down the compact flash road.
>
> I'd be happy enough for the image to be used on an ad-hoc basis. Not so sure I'd be happy for it to be hosted for the whole world to grab.
>
> Not sure how that last paragraph will sit with people but I hope you'd understand. I have stuff on here I've put hard work into and there seems to be barely any sharing the love when it comes to 9100's :)
>
> Maybe that could change?
>
> Martin.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Hi Martin (& all),

I have now just realized that putting the operating system on flash will
make the 9100 useful to my shop - for the last number of years (since
around 2003) I've not even turned on the 9100's that I own, preferring
to use the 9010s as I was concerned about SCSI drive failures...now that
SCSI to CF exists (need to find out more on that) and that one can
actually hot swap pods (I really didn't know that!) it appears that the
9100 would be more useful indeed.

Anything you care to share about the SCSI-CF interface you are using and
any problems (if any) would be appreciated. I have three or four of the
9100s but only one is programmable. Wish I had a faster unit, but for
what I do the original series should be just fine.

Time for me to start writing and sharing test routines again.

John :-#)#