Re: 6800 to 6502 pod conversion...

From: Andre Huijts <a.huijts_at_upcmail.nl>
Date: Sun Dec 16 2012 - 08:38:34 EST

Tried to swap boards and U5 this morning to see if I can fix the 6502 pod. One thing I noticed during all the switching etc. is that the ZIF socket is a pretty weak spot. I assume over the years a lot of dust and dirt have gone into them and also they lost their mechanical strength.

On my converted 6800 pod it really depends quite a bit where I connect the flat cable, depending on inserting it a bit higher or lower produces different kind of errors during self-test, on other spots, it completes self-test without problems.

I'm not a big fan of contact spray but I see little else I could use (except buying a new one) to fix the problem, but it seems to do pretty little for it.

Also, on the 6502 pod the interconnection between the two PCBs is very very loose. I read in the pod manual that the connector used is a amp 4-870221 but googling produces about nothing....
Anyone know where to get these ?

One more question: since you suggest getting a 6502A, andy reason not to go for a 6502B, which is 3 Mhz ?

André

Op 16 dec. 2012, om 12:01 heeft Andre Huijts <a.huijts@upcmail.nl> het volgende geschreven:

> Nice....none of those in my set regretfully so I just have to trust it's ok I guess...
>
> Aso, these seem to be aimed at the 9010, the 9100 already does more detailed self-testing, shouldn't that be enough ?
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
>
> Op 16 dec. 2012 om 01:15 heeft John Robertson <jrr@flippers.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Fluke Pod Test fixture docs now up - /Fluke/9010and9100Pods/PodTestFixtures
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> John :-#)#

> FTP site is: ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org

André Huijts