Re: FLUKE 9100A SCSI to CF Adapter - Success with Stratos CF AZTECMONSTER

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Jan 16 2013 - 18:41:32 EST

techtools-steve wrote:
> I received a couple emails inquiring about the SCSI to CF adapter I
> used so here are the details. Everything you need is currently
> available at a reasonable price and the physical installation was
> rather painless.
>
> The adapter I used is the Stratos CF AZTECMONSTER and you can buy one
> direct from Japan http://www.artmix.com/CF_AztecMonster.html but I
> found it easier and with significantly cheaper shipping to pick one up
> on ebay. There were multiple listings for the board on ebay yesterday
> but it appears each had multiple bidders and closed above the starting
> price.
>
> My FLUKE 9100A has the V6 roms installed and was configured using
> Service Disk 1.4. I have successfully loaded the v4-1b software with
> the v6.1 update pending availability of new disks (hint-hint Andre)!

You speak of V6 roms, whereas I thought the last version was the V5 for
40MB SCSI upgrade as I have those on Flippers. If you have something
labelled V6 I'd love a copy to see if that may have an effect on my
AztecMonster integration.

> http://arcadehacking.com/public/fluke/FLUKE9100A_CF_AZTECHMONSTER_01.jpg
>
> I hope this info helps someone else unbrick their Fluke 9100 after a
> fatal hard disk failure.
Well, not so far!

I have been unable to get any of my 9100s including the 9100FT/68030 to
recognize the Aztecmonster with a Transcribe 128MB CF card at all. Keep
getting errors when the unit tries to format the drive. The cable and
machine handle a regular SCSI drive just fine so I have to wonder if you
have anything unusual in your setup.

I get this error with the AzetecMonster:

"Error Setting 512/Sector Format" followed by "sensekey:05 additional:26"

Using an ACARD ACE7720U with an IDE to CF adapter I get this error
message...

"Can't seek to track 0" followed by "sensekey:05 additional:26"

Any SCSI experts here who can interpret these messages?

I've tried other CF cards, but all I had were 512MB and larger, the 128
was the only 'small' card here.

Thanks!

                 www.flippers.com