Re: RASTER: FW: Using 8080 pod on Midway 8080 boards (Space Invaders)

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Mon Mar 04 2013 - 08:01:18 EST

Just to round this discussion off.. i have this adapter (unused) :

http://www.andysarcade.net/pix/9000A-8085uutadapt.JPG

to quote:
"Improves clock signal quality between UUT and the pod by reducing the
effects of capacitive loading"

  Proof that there are instances where a pod wont work quite right
in-circuit. It is rare, but some circuit designs are on the edge and the
pod can tip the balance.

Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com