Xeltek SuperPro III VMware Player/Workstation Image

From: Brad Gass <bradg_at_digitalplains.net>
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 18:12:15 EDT

If anyone has an aged Xeltek SP3 around that you've been saving an equally aged laptop/PC to drive it, I took the time to construct a VMware Player (free to everyone, should work on Workstation and newer versions of Player also) with the latest version of their DOS software loaded, MS-DOS 6.22, and the MS Networking Client (you have to boot into one or the other though - networking useful for pulling files from shares).

My old laptop I was using with it finally died, and rather than spend a pile of time fixing that old beast, I wanted to give this a shot to see if it would work - and it did (on my system, Windows XP Pro, Player 3.1.4 - I know - old, YMMV).

You *must* have a hardware parallel port to pass through to VMware - USB parallel adapters will not work. Granted, that's getting harder to find nowadays, but not quite as impossible as finding parts for that old laptop :)

It's about 7MB zipped, if you're in need of it, let me know.

--Brad