Re: Can anyone identify this chip?

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue Nov 19 2013 - 08:25:39 EST

Hmmm... I can see I attached a pic, but it didn't get through.  Sorry about that.  I have posted the pic here:

http://www.tollianweb.com/uc/vti.jpg

It's IC 1N from an Exidy 440 PCB (Whodunit in this case).  I'd really like to identify the manufacturer.  I looked at several IC logo web sites and nothing comes up.  It's in a bank of 2764's and supposedly supposed to be able to be read as a 2764, but my EETools Top Max is unable to read it.  Really a mystery to me why I can't find this symbol at all (and why if it is equivalant to a 2764 my reader can't read it).  It's not a bad chip as the game boots up and passes all self tests without any complaining.

If anyone might be able to identify what IC is on 6K on the same boardset type, that would be appreciated too.  On my board, it's a National 74S28(x) where "x" is either a 7 or an 8, but it's overlayed with an Exidy part number stamp.  National 74S287 crosses to an MMI 6301 (Signetics 82S129) and a 74S288 crosses to a MMI 6331 (Signetics 82S123).

Trying to dump a Whodunit ROM version that's not in MAME.  Thanks,

Joe