Re: Can anyone identify this chip?

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Nov 19 2013 - 20:31:44 EST

That could be an 8Kx8 EEPROM. The '2365' part is jogging a memory way in
the back of my brain from decades ago while making a 'flash cart' for an
Atari 2600 development system. ;-)

I think the VTI part is correct-- the logo on the chip looks like:
http://www.xsmicro.com/parts/VTI/2365-1181/

Maybe try reading it like a 28C64?

I'd wager a guess that it was the same place Murata bought, but back when
they started out they were just making crosses for other manufacturers to
get a start before doing their own stuff. (So like Sipex and Macronix that
started off making Maxim RS232 chip copies and commodity EPROMs as a way to
pay for their R&D of their own stuff which would eventually take over the
catalog.)

-Clay