Re: multi-game proto board

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 20:43:34 EDT

>On May 2, 3:28pm, Zonn wrote:
>> Subject: Re: multi-game proto board
>> At 03:04 PM 5/2/97 -0800, you wrote:
>> >Hmmmmm. If it wasn't for the metal box we could just make a new backplane
>> >with two extra slots for all the sound cards, then bank select them
>> >somehow...
[...]
>So do I, but you CANT fit two cages in the Eliminator 4-player without
>modifying the cabinet, and I'd never consider doing that!
>
>If I could find one LONG piece to mount in the bottom of the cabinet with 8
>slots, that would be a different story ;-)

Right, this would be the reason to do the new backplane-- just to have more
slots available for all the sound card variations. You could use two of
the "6 slot" backplanes and connect them together (resulting in a 10 slot
unit).

This is a really slow bus, so two layers would be fine. If you go with a
metal cage I doubt it would even need any layers for EMI. (Not like anyone
is going to take it through FCC part 15 anyway...)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/