Re: multi-game proto board

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 18:52:00 EDT

At 05:39 PM 5/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On May 2, 3:28pm, Zonn wrote:
>> Subject: Re: multi-game proto board
>> At 03:04 PM 5/2/97 -0800, you wrote:
>> >Hmmmmm. If it wasn't for the metal box we could just make a new backplane
>> >with two extra slots for all the sound cards, then bank select them
>> >somehow...
>>
>> This is my current plan. I plan on selecting the cards by enable/disabling
>> their address decoders with an extra 'AND' gate or something (that is
>> hopefully already on the boards as an unused gate).
>>
>> I just got lucky and happen to have an extra card cage. :^)
>
>So do I, but you CANT fit two cages in the Eliminator 4-player without
>modifying the cabinet, and I'd never consider doing that!

Ooooh! *shudder* to think of it!

Only the Convert-a-cabinet gets the hacks. Hell the only control panel I
have for it is an old Space Odessy, and the only Marquee (Beside the
"Gunsmoke" that came with the cabinet *more shudders*) is a Tac/Scan that
looks like it was used as a skate board, with the painted side down. I'm
sure I can find room in it.

My Eliminator 4-player remains dedicated, no hacks.

-Zonn