Re: Zektor snd bd component differences and missing snds

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 15:23:39 EDT

All,

Do to David's and I's realization that Zektor needs the AY-3-8912 chip to get
all the sounds, and the fact that most of the Eliminator boards I have have
this socket unpopulated, I'll need to know from the following people if they
need to have their Eliminator sound board populated with this chip or not.
 Needs to be populated if you can play Zektor, doesn't need it if you're using
it for just Eliminator.

Al K.
Zonn M.
Clay C.
Michael S.
Jeff H.

I may not have enough of these chips to go around, so if you need if populated,
I'll need an additional $10 for a populated board (unless someone can point me
to a cheaper source for them). Sorry for the inconvenience. If you'd like,
you can buy one without the chip for $20 and populate it yourself (or make an
adapter type thing for a 8910...).

Please let me know which board you want.

Sega XY FAQ author /_/|_| /_/ /____/_/|_|
________________ The One and Only 4-player vector game