Zektor snd bd component differences and missing snds

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 20:12:42 EDT

Hi Folks,

  After comparing the schematics for both the Eliminator Sound board
(800-3174) and the Zektor Sound board (800-3249) I've found a few
components which have different values for each board, these are listed
below. The Eliminator snd bd has the reference designations silkscreened
on the board so locating the components is fairly easy.

Ref Des ELIMINATOR ZEKTOR
R5 10K 4.7K
R9 33K 12K
R71 270K 100K
R79 2 MEG unused
R122 220K 390K
R132 220K 100K
C9 0.01uF 0.0047uF
C46 0.022uF 0.047uF

  Now about the missing sounds. The disassembly shows that all four
registers on the board (3C, 3D, 3E and 3F) are accessed. I haven't
looked real hard at the data being put in them but the very fact that
they're all accessed means that the AY-3-8912 should be present. This
MAY account for the few missing sounds. I don't have one of these to
try out. Mark, do you?

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   dfish@nyx.cs.du.edu | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_