RE: Zektor snd bd component differences and missing snds

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 17:54:05 EDT

>Is it me, or is this email list starting to seem more like a newsgroup?
>This may be an active period given the recent Zector
>discovery/investigation, however given that RGVAC is on the verge of
>having a Sega (and possibly Cinematronics) development environment to
>make new games on, perhaps we'll have this much discussion (10
>emails/day) in the future as people create new games?

I'm sure the traffic right now is due to the Zektor find and the concurrent
G-80 projects that are going on, but it seems like we've been keeping up
the volume for a while...

>What do you all think? RGVAC.vector??

Hmmmm. I can see good points and bad points there-- it would give the
vector stuff a home, but it might lose some of the focus we manage to keep
on the mailing list. (I suppose a good generic Vector FAQ that answered
how the multi-games worked, what games were made by who, how much tempest
goes for, etc... would keep the common stuff at bay...)

>ps - There's more than a few vector topics waiting in the wings.
>Designing and manufacturing a universal vector monitor.

Glad to see this one still around! I think it's a must!

>Cinematronics
>motherboard repair using signature analysis. Merging analog sound
>boards. And I'm sure there are plenty of other obstac..topics before
>the goal of a JAMMA-like vector cabinet that plays everything is
>achieved. That is what we are working towards, right?

If I can get the new ESB/SW boards and G-80 stuff out of the way I can get
back to my RetroVector board too, which would provide another platform...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/