G80 speech board

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 16:59:33 EDT

I've been talking to Clay about adding the functionality of the speech
board to the CPU board to get the total number of cards needed for a
multigame to 6, so you could fit it into a normal card cage. On the Trek
board set that I have, they didn't populate the Votrax speech generator
or the timer stuff, so I had assumed that the other two games with speech
didn't use it either. If this is in fact true, it makes the functionality
of the speech board REALLY easy (essentially just an 8035 and a DAC).
If you set up a banks-switched EPROM for the speech for the three existing
games, you've esentally squished 5 boards into one, and everything should
fit in 6 slots (cpu,ctl,timing, and 3 sound boards).