Re: G80 speech board

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 18:12:58 EDT

Al writes:

>On the Trek
>board set that I have, they didn't populate the Votrax speech generator
>or the timer stuff, so I had assumed that the other two games with speech
>didn't use it either. If this is in fact true, it makes the functionality
>of the speech board REALLY easy (essentially just an 8035 and a DAC).

Can anyone else confirm this configuration for either Space Fury or Star Trek?

I've only seen G-80 boards with the Orator speech chips (I've seen this on
4 Star Trek sets and one Astro Blaster) populated, but this is *very* cool
if there are versions without the Orator!

It looks like the Orator chips were fairly rare (esp. now!), so if we can
work around that that is EXCELLENT news!

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/