Re: Zektor snd bd component differences and missing snds

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 09:48:11 EDT

On May 5, 5:43pm, <linvjw@VNET.IBM.COM> wrote:
> Subject: Re: Zektor snd bd component differences and missing snds
> > Do to David's and I's realization that Zektor needs the AY-3-8912 chip to
get
> > all the sounds, and the fact that most of the Eliminator boards I have have
> > this socket unpopulated, I'll need to know from the following people if
they
> > need to have their Eliminator sound board populated with this chip or not.
> > Needs to be populated if you can play Zektor, doesn't need it if you're
using
> > it for just Eliminator.

Please don't kill me.

My original items for sale were posted like this:

Sound boards
------------
Eliminator/Zektor $20
Space Fury $25
Universal Sound board $30
Speechboards $10

This was before I realized that the sound board for Zektor REQUIRED the 8912
chip to have all the sounds (I had at first speculated that the sounds were
never developed).

After checking the sockets of all my sound boards for extras, I found that I am
WAY oversold on these things already, so I can't offer this chip to those
people who asked for it.

All I can do is offer an Eliminator soundboard without the 8912 chip. The four
missing sounds are REALLY minor (Rick and I didn't even notice they were
missing until we put the game into test mode).

However, for those of you who MUST have a 8912 in your boardset, John Roberton
<pinball@istar.ca> does have a few of these for sale, and he's asking $20US for
each.

I apologize for finding this out after the fact (I was unaware! I wa unaware!),
so if anyone wants to change/cancel there order, let me know. Otherwise I'll
just send you an Eliminator sound board.

Sorry again for any inconvenience.

Sega XY FAQ author /_/|_| /_/ /____/_/|_|
________________ The One and Only 4-player vector game