Re: Zektor snd bd component differences and missing snds

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 20:45:00 EDT

At 08:12 PM 5/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
> After comparing the schematics for both the Eliminator Sound board
>(800-3174) and the Zektor Sound board (800-3249) I've found a few
>components which have different values for each board, these are listed
>below. The Eliminator snd bd has the reference designations silkscreened
>on the board so locating the components is fairly easy.
>
>Ref Des ELIMINATOR ZEKTOR
>R5 10K 4.7K
>R9 33K 12K
>R71 270K 100K
>R79 2 MEG unused
>R122 220K 390K
>R132 220K 100K
>C9 0.01uF 0.0047uF
>C46 0.022uF 0.047uF
>
> Now about the missing sounds. The disassembly shows that all four
>registers on the board (3C, 3D, 3E and 3F) are accessed. I haven't
>looked real hard at the data being put in them but the very fact that
>they're all accessed means that the AY-3-8912 should be present. This
>MAY account for the few missing sounds. I don't have one of these to
>try out. Mark, do you?

David your the man! I've been desperatly asking around (amongnst my local
friends) for an Eliminator schematic so I could do just what you did!

Thanks!

-Zonn

BTW: I have a couple of Space Fury audio boards here, (there not mine). The
one labeled "Space Fury" has the installed AY-3-8912, and the one labeled
"Battle Star" does not. The owner claims the "Space Fury" board sounds
better. Fuller sounds. Do you (or anyone) know if Space Fury accesses the
AY-3-8912?