Re: Zektor snd bd component differences and missing snds

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Sat May 03 1997 - 07:44:21 EDT

>BTW: I have a couple of Space Fury audio boards here, (there not mine). The
>one labeled "Space Fury" has the installed AY-3-8912, and the one labeled
>"Battle Star" does not. The owner claims the "Space Fury" board sounds
>better. Fuller sounds. Do you (or anyone) know if Space Fury accesses the
>AY-3-8912?

  There are no accesses to the two register locations (3C & 3D) for the
sound chip in the Space Fury code, only the regular parallel latches at
3E and 3F. I would be skeptical of his claim.

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   dfish@tiac.com | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_