Re: Short term plans (was RE: list charter)

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 18:58:01 EDT

I like Al's idea, here's my "status report":

Clay's long term goal-- make new games for the Sega G-80 system.

Steps:

1) Understand the Sega Vector Generator (SVG) enough to create a program to
view the graphics in the game ROMs. (Done-- VSNOOP)

2) Given understanding of the SVG create an editing program to create new
graphics from existing vector formats and from scratch. (Done- G80ED)

3) Write a menuing system to support launching multiple games from a single
card in the G-80 bus. (Basics of a multi-game system, and basics of
programming for the G-80) (In process)

4) Design/build/produce a card for the G-80 card bus that supports multiple
games and a development environment. (In process)

As an aside I've been doing a lot of general "glue" type stuff (input
switcher, Wells Gardner Monitor adapter, etc) to make it feasible for
people without convert-a-game cabinets (like me) to put together a working
system.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com