RE: Zektor for the masses

From: Fish, David <dfish_at_bev.etn.com>
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 14:18:15 EDT

>>Great! So tell me, what needs to be done to the CPU board? Special CPU
>>EPROM
>>for each game, or generic? What about the security chip socket, what goes
>>in
>>there now?

The CPU EPROMs for each game remain unchanged. There's nothing really
special about them, each one is just the first of n EPROMs. It's
contents
is located at 0x0000 and extends to 0x07FF. To run the 'SC-free'
version,
the security chip is removed and the eight address lines to the chip (A7
- A0)
are connected to the eight output lines (MA7 - MA0). You can either do
this
permenantly by soldering wires or temporarily by making up a DIP shunt.
My first choice is the shunt. The new patched EPROMs are installed and
away you go.

DIP Shunt 'from-to' List for location U21 (40 pin)
pin 34 to pin 40,
pin 32 to pin 39,
pin 33 to pin 38,
pin 29 to pin 37,