Re: Zektor for the masses

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 20:02:44 EDT

>At 05:57 PM 5/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Clay, there's an idea. Weren't you planning on some analog circuitry to
>convert from Sega to WG anyways? How hard would it be to add some flip
>circuitry (a la Atari VG -- or maybe Sega has already done this?), and maybe
>change the levels at the flip of a bit? You'd also have to swap X and Y.

I had thought about something similar a little bit-- since I already have
the opamps for converting the Sega outputs to the WG monitor, I was
thinking it'd be neat to add a programmable gain stage in the opamps. (So
you could have H and V size control from the menu system-- I thought it'd
be cool to be able to spin the knob on the panel and adjust the monitor
settings on screen. ;-)

I suppose it's no big deal to add a "monitor orientation" output bit... A
4052 mux should be able to handle the pre-amplified signals from the Sega
boards. Hmmmm. That might be kinda neat, plus it could work both ways--
Tac Scan owners could play the other games on a smaller screen size without
having to turn the monitor...

(I was thinking that being able to adjust centering and size without having
to get at the PCB or monitor would be pretty nice, anything else you think
would be handy?)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com