Re: Space Fury Cocktail ROMs

From: mayday19 <mayday19_at_IDT.NET>
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 22:32:07 EDT

Zonn wrote:

> I had a chance to look at a Space Fury cocktail this weekend.
>
> It used the same ROMs as a stand up Space Fury (though I didn't take each
> one out to do a binary compare, they were marked the same as the standup
> version).
>
> Of course it wasn't working, so I didn't get to see how and when it flipped
> from the player one side to the player two side.

When it is the 2nd player's turn, it flips the screen and it just says
"player 2" in the middle of the screen, then you play it. same thing when
going back to player 1.

> I'm guessing there's some jumper or input pulled high/low, that indicates to
> the ROMs that they're in a Cocktail cabinet. Anyone know otherwise?

I dont know, but the monitor is mounted upside down in the cab, like a
Space Duel CT. why do they do this?

> It does use a sound card marked "Space Fury", and kind of a cool "compact"
> version of the G-08 monitor.

it is cool, but harder to work on! at least they game you long cables so
it is easy to work on the monitor while pulled out of the cabinet. I have
had my Space Fury CTs since saturday, and on the working one, the monitor
went out already, and I had it on about 25 minutes total. the other one
has everything *but* the monitor, I guess I am gonna have to modify a
regular G08 to fit in it....

I am thinking of turning the 2nd Space fury into an Eliminator CT. are
the control panels different? (I mean art-wise, they have the same button
configuration) if they are the same, I only need the instruction cards to
make it complete, and they are just a color-copy away if there is
somebody who has a CT and is willing to copy them...

Jeff