Re: SC FREE Stuff

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue May 27 1997 - 14:48:01 EDT

On May 27, 2:43pm, fishd wrote:
> Subject: Re: SC FREE Stuff
>
> >Not to be too picky (David F), but which EPROMs from each game actually
> >changed? All of them? If not all, please let me know so I don't have to
burn
> >an entire new set if only 7 EPROMs changed (some of us don't have unlimited
> >EPROMs, or an EPROM Eraser or burner for that matter ;-)).
>
> I take it you didn't read the instructions ;-)
> You only have to program and replace the 7 EPROMs that, as Al pointed out,
> are called XXXXm.bin (m for modified). The Zektor .zip file contains only
> the modified .bins (and instructions, of course). The Space Fury contains
> all the .bin files that I used, again the modified are 'm's. I included
> all the SF .bins because there seems to be several versions floating around
> the net and I didn't check for compatibility.

Good call; I had burned a Space Fury set using some EPROM data that Rick had
gotten from somewhere (wiretap?), and I couldn't get anything to run. I
compared the data to Rick's Space Fury EPROM board and they were completely
different, so I erased his old stuff and archived his working set, so there is
some bogus Space Fury EPROM data floating around...

Thanks for the info!

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL