Re: New vector monitor design.

From: <gonzothegreat_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 01:41:17 EDT

On Tue, 27 May 97 19:13 PDT Zonn <zonn@concentric.net> writes:
>At 06:12 PM 5/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>re: audio amplifiers for deflection amplifiers
>>

>>don't deflection amps have to be DC-coupled?
>
>Yes. You have to use modules that are powered from a split supply so
that
>they can be direct couple to the yoke.
>
>The module Clay was talking about can be run this way. I once owned a
>Pioneer receiver that used STK-0080s that were DC coupled to the
speakers,
>with a switchable capacitor on the input to guard against any DC offsets
>generated by any auxilary equipment.

Although using consumer type parts is a great idea IMHO (cheap &
relatively indestructible), I wondered if using industrial type power
opamps might work.

Can you say "engineering samples"? :)

Lastly, since Zonn has worked out the deflection and HV issues, that just
leaves how
we get the RGB data to the guns. I assume we are going to reuse the neck
board of
whatever monitor/TV we choose to mangle and just bypass all the NTSC/sync
circuits. Or am I missing something really important (again)?

Virtu-Al