Re: Multigame feature-- input?

From: Ed Henciak <ethst3+_at_pitt.edu>
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 19:39:29 EDT

Heya Clay,

   That SRAM idea is rather slick. It'd be neat to fight in sector 99.2
on Star Trek without having to sit in the machine for hours on end!!! I
hope you do concider it as long as it doesn't take hours away from design
time.

   On another note, are you simply going to swap XY inputs for Tac Scan.
I'd love to see you pull off an adjustable type screen using that encoder.
That was a great idea. If you could somehow smash Tac/Scan's screen to
fit completely in a horizontal frame, that would make my day (not like I'm
that important...but you know what I mean). I know all of this was
discussed before, but please concider that. I guess you could just use
the encoder to increment an up/down counter, run that value through an
ADC. and then use that voltage as a reference to resize the screen (I'm
just an engineering undergrad...I'm sure you have something fancier/better
in mind).

   Anyway, thanks a million for all the work...my check's in the mail if
you produce them!!!!!

Take it easy!!

Ed