Re: Multigame feature-- input?

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 19:47:46 EDT

On Jun 3, 4:30pm, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: Multigame feature-- input?
> I keep having this stupid (?) idea that I think I know how to pull off, but
> I don't know if it's worth spending any time on... (Need to avoid
> "creeping-featuritus" ;-)
>
> I can stick a little extra SRAM on the daughtercard and have a "save game"
> feature that can save a game in progress. (So basically when you call the
> menu-system, it stashes the CPU status and contents of the display and CPU
> memory. You can then turn the machine off and a battery-backup will save
> your game. The next time you turn the machine on you can call the
> menu-system and "resume" your saved game. At least it works in theory. :-)
> I dunno if any of the games are really long enough to make it worth while
> though. Probably just delay things anyway. Still, though, kinda
> interesting to think about...

I think the games are too short to say "I can't finish this games; I have to go
to bed", so this feature doesn't sound so useful....however, a simple pause
button would be nice between rounds of 4-player Eliminator so the players can
get another beer (I love the built in drink holders these come with ;-)).

However, if you haven't noticed, the game already has this pause feature built
in; it's called "holding down the coin switch".

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL