Re: cine sound board

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 22:39:43 EDT

At 02:18 PM 6/11/97 PDT, you wrote:
>At 04:03 PM 6/11/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I think it was MM5586. But I'm probably wrong. If you come up empty handed
>tonight, I'll go home and look at the Star Castle board that uses it and let
>you know. Maybe someone else has access to a Cinematronics sound card that
>uses the National S. part in place of the S2688 and can let you know before
>tonight.

I've got a SC board in my hands which uses a National MM5837. From the
National 1977 Audio Handbook: The MM5837 Digital noise source is a MOS/MSI
pseudo-random sequence generator, designed to produce a broadband white
noise signal for audio applications. Unlike traditional semiconductor
junction noise sources, The MM5837 provides very uniform noise quality
and output amplitude. [yada, yada, yada] The output of the MM5837 is
broadband white noise.

FWIW

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.com | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_