Re: cine sound board

From: Zonn Moore <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 00:37:44 EDT

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 22:39:43 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

~ At 02:18 PM 6/11/97 PDT, you wrote:
~ >At 04:03 PM 6/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
~
~ >I think it was MM5586. But I'm probably wrong. If you come up empty handed
~ >tonight, I'll go home and look at the Star Castle board that uses it and let
~ >you know. Maybe someone else has access to a Cinematronics sound card that
~ >uses the National S. part in place of the S2688 and can let you know before
~ >tonight.
~
~ I've got a SC board in my hands which uses a National MM5837. From the
~ National 1977 Audio Handbook: The MM5837 Digital noise source is a MOS/MSI
~ pseudo-random sequence generator, designed to produce a broadband white
~ noise signal for audio applications. Unlike traditional semiconductor
~ junction noise sources, The MM5837 provides very uniform noise quality
~ and output amplitude. [yada, yada, yada] The output of the MM5837 is
~ broadband white noise.

Yup! That's the part! Thanks David.

So do you have the full specs on the part? This is the one I played with in the
past, the fact that it uses a "pseudo-random" generator is indicative of a LFSR,
since a noisy semiconductor is a truly random source.

-Zonn