Re: SP0250

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 18:38:45 EDT

>well.. just got off the phone with the guy who designed the part
>
>it's a pretty weird part, he doesn't have the data for it any
>more. he said it was a custom that they did for Milton Bradley
>that is LPC-12 with 6 2nd order stages, and that the data format
>going in is pretty weird. he suggested trying document control
>at microchip to try to find the original spec for the part...

Hey, that's a start. That's the most new info I've heard in a long time.

I think I just missed it here, but Microchip is off doing their "Summer
Seminar" series across the US. Last year in addition to the usual reps
there were some of the designers and factory guys... Someone might want to
catch the seminar ($40 and there's pretty good food and free software and
databooks and usually some little gizmo like a clock or calculator, etc.)
and try to latch onto the factory guy and see if he can get a name or do
some digging...

Actually, isn't their plant down in San Jose?

Maybe you should ask him about the SP0256 to see if the two were related at
all? (just for trivia's sake. ;-)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com