Re: SP0250

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 17:50:00 EDT

At 01:49 PM 6/12/97 -0700, you wrote:

>well.. just got off the phone with the guy who designed the part
>
>it's a pretty weird part, he doesn't have the data for it any
>more. he said it was a custom that they did for Milton Bradley
>that is LPC-12 with 6 2nd order stages, and that the data format
>going in is pretty weird. he suggested trying document control
>at microchip to try to find the original spec for the part...

Damn! And Clay and his friend Larry just had me convinced it was a "Formant
Synthesis". Like I'd know the difference!

The data sheet did say it used 12 filter coeffecients, which sounded like LPC.

I believe there was a little information on how the data was fed to the
SP0250, which lines to place the data on, and which one to strobe kinda
thing. But there was no information on what the data being sent to the
SP0250 represented.

I'm supposed to have dinner, on Mon. with the friend who managed to dig up
the old GI data book that had this tidbit of information in it, I'll ask him
to bring it then to see if there really is anything useful in the one page
description given.

-Zonn