Re: Star Wars Repair / Data IO

From: Todd Miller <litterbox_at_willowtree.com>
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 14:09:38 EDT

Al Kossow wrote:

> David Shoemaker said:
>
> Another view on this is that PROMS require more expensive equipment to
> burn. Where EPROM's are easy to burn with rather cheap gear. I have a
>
> ..Pick up a used Data I/O 29B and a UniPak. I see them frequently for < $100
> and they will program all the bipolar devices. I know where there's one right
> now for around $80, if you'd like I can pick it up for you.

I might be interested in this if nobody else is. I’ve been thinking of
buying a PB-10. I have a Tempest & StarWars and will be adding a
Space Fury & BZ to my collection some time. I also have several
Tempest & SW pcb sets that are missing all the roms that I’d like to
get going to sell or keep for spares. What would be a good programmer
that would take care of ALL the p/roms on these machines ? I am
concerned about this ‘bit-rot’ & would like to keep my games alive
as long as possible. I’ve never used a programmer before so I have
no experience but I do have a basic understanding of how they work.

Todd