Re: Speech board idea...

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Wed Jun 25 1997 - 20:17:00 EDT

At 04:53 PM 6/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been reverse-engineering a Xerox Star I/O board this week :-)
>Now THAT's non-productive!
>
>I keep thinking that you could cram all the games into a G80 cage
>if you could squish the speech board on top of the CPU, leaving the
>other slots for the 3 sound cards.
>
>Any chance you might update the Cine CPU ref with the info on the
>bank switching and multi-level display?

I'm not sure what you mean by bank switching. I'm sure the specs talk about
how bank switching is done between the 4k banks, from a software point of view.

As far as the multi-level goes, sure, that and color information. The weird
part is I thought I had already updated it, yet when I went out to the web
page, that info wasn't there. I'll look for a local copy, or just add the
information that's missing. But it won't happen until after the party this
weekend, I still have 3 Cinematronics monitors to fix, not to mention the
fact that every time I turn on my Star Hawk the power supply fuse *explodes*
and my house lights go out -- I've been putting that one off, I'm assuming
that will be an easy one to trace.

I'm currently working two jobs (I contract and sometimes these things overlap).

After the 4th of July weekend I should be able to get back to my hobbies.
One of the things at the top of the list is to write an Assembler for the
Cinematronics CPU. It would make writing test code much easier. Not to
mention a menu system for multi-game systems, hacks for current games, and
maybe even a new game if someone were so inclined?

-Zonn