Re: Speech board idea...

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 13:45:37 EDT

> Hey Clay, weren't you working on Cinematronics -> G05 boards (at
>one tim, at least?)

Yep. I basically decided that the Cinematronics board was just insane. :-)
It's HUGE, it has a ridiculous parts count, and can generally be done much
easier, IMHO. On the other hand, the actual deflection section is pretty
simple-- it's the color output stuff that I think is just lame. (opamps
and tons of discretes for each color... Just a mess.)

I didn't want to use the DAC-80's, so I think I was re-designing based on a
MAX502 or something like that. (I like Maxim since they're nice about free
sample parts. :-) Yet another project needing attention... I found a
source for some caps for the integrators, and even bought a bunch and some
of the LF13xxx chips too. The MC1495's are only available for cheap as
SOIC's now, so I didn't do anything there yet.

(Oh, as an aside, if anyone needs MC1495's-- when I made the adapter boards
for the AM6012's SOIC->DIP conversion, I did a bunch for the MC1495's too.
So if we want to order a bunch of the surface mount MC1495's from Newark I
have the boards to convert them to DIP for use on old vector games...)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/